Airport fire truck
RIV – Rapid Intervention Vehicle
Rapid Intervention Vehicles (RIVs) are built on dual-axle vehicle chassis of American manufacturers with permanent all-wheel drive and dual tires. Tank contents are selectable with contents of up to 1,700 l. Additional systems, such as an optionally available dry powder units as well as CO2 systems, complete this series.
The vehicle types can be differentiated as follows:
- 2-door single cab for two persons
- 4-door double cab for five persons
The rear bank of seats can be fitted with stowages for the compressed air breathing apparatus system . Both engine variants, as well as the gasoline engine with 326 hp and the diesel engine with 300 hp can be selected, in accordance with American standards .
- Rosenbauer firefighting pump with output of up to 1,500 l/min at 10 bar
- Pump drive via own pump engine (gasoline or diesel) for simultaneous driving and firefighting
- Automatic foam systems water/foam roof turret or bumper turret
- Undertruck nozzles on all wheels and on the front of the vehicle
- Rapid intervention system with hose reel
A 90 kg dry powder unit as well as a 30 kg CO2 extinguishing system are optionally available. Halogen, xenon or LED light mast make working in the dark easier and provide additional safety.
Compact. Fast. Capable.
The Rapid Intervention Vehicle (RIV) is a compact airport firefighting vehicle of the CL series, particularly suitable for rapid and safe operation in small airports and heliports. Thanks to its powerful American chassis and the perfectly coordinated Rosenbauer components, this vehicle concept proves its extensive capabilities in just a few seconds. Innovative product solutions make it the perfect all-rounder for any airport fire department.
- Fast intervention time, rapid acceleration
- High stability thanks to low height
- Difficult terrain can be quickly reached
- Powerful integrated firefighting technology
- Safe equipment removal directly from floor