Airport fire truck
Standards and airport requirements - the basis of the PANTHER concept
PANTHER ARFF vehicles meet worldwide standards and requirements and are specifically intended for use at airports:
- Fulfillment of airport safety requirements such as ICAO, NFPA, FAA and ADV
- Meeting safety measure specifications for the operation of the newest wide-body aircraft, the Airbus A380
- Corresponds to American, European and Japanese standards, including EURO 3
Rosenbauer creates a time-motion diagram on request to ensure that the response time of the vehicle corresponds to the relevant valid regulations.
Function determines form
Ergonomic operating elements are integrated into modern design - the result of a close cooperation between specialists from the areas of firefighting and industrial design. The low center of gravity and the almost uniform axle load distribution of the PANTHER ensure a superior driving performance.
Stable lightweight construction
The chassis and the superstructure were developed simultaneously - this ensures the perfect interaction of all components. The most suitable materials were selected for every single element - lightweight metal and plastic - to achieve durability, longevity, corrosion-resistance and a lower total weight.
Single or dual engine configuration for the performance range of 500 to 1,260 hp. Acceleration from 0 to 80 km/h is within 25 seconds or less, regardless of the selected engine. The selected engines meet the valid emission standards (EURO 5 with TÜV certification).
A closed box frame profile and welded cross beam ensure maximum torsional stiffness of the chassis; together with single axle suspension and helical springs, this gives maximum mobility both on and off-road.
Panoramic driver's cab: visibility. Safety. Quick access.
- MAXVIEW panoramic view and glass doors on the sides ensure a maximum field of vision , while at the same time providing increased safety for the crew
- Panes made from safety glass, windshield of laminated glass
- Cab offers space for up to six people
- Six people can quickly enter or exit through wide door openings and an opening of 90° within ten seconds.
- Stability thanks to aluminum construction with massive extruded profiles on the edge of the roof.
- Construction is based on Finite Element calculations and corresponds to ECE R29 "Crash Test" - safety guidelines
- Optional: electric swinging doors, which close and lock automatically at approx. 5 km/h
Ergonomic operation is of huge importance during a firefight. Automatic processes relieve the crew - so that they can concentrate on the operational situation.
- One man operation through LCS (Logic Control System)
- 24V electrical system for chassis and firefighting equipment in latest CAN-Bus technology
- Emergency operation of all relevant firefighting functions
- Electrical turret operation through pistol grips and/or joystick for targeted application of the extinguishing agent
The firefighting equipment built into the PANTHER is a fully coordinated, powerful system that was completely developed and manufactured by Rosenbauer.
- Pump outputs of up to 10,000 l/min with suitable automatic foam proportioning systems
- Pump drive by means of power divider or through own pump motor; in both cases the uninterrupted full pump output is guaranteed under any circumstances.
- Roof and front turret for an output quantity of up to 10,000 l/min and a range of up to 90 m
- STINGER HRET boom
- CAFS compressed air foam systems
- High and ultra-high pressure systems
With the STINGER HRET, Rosenbauer offers airport fire departments an instrument designed with the most up-to-date methods, taking the requirements of the latest passenger and freight aircraft (A380, B787) into consideration. The combined areas of movement of the water tower, the turret and the completely new type of "Piercing Tools" cover all necessary attack positions.
The top class of the ARFF vehicles meet standards and airport requirements of all continents worldwide. The PANTHER has been synonymous with speed, safety, design and outstanding firefighting performance for over 20 years.
It proves its quality daily in 81 countries.
Only the original can do that.
- Everything from a single source: on-site analysis. Consultation. Conception. Production. Maintenance.
- Complete provider with own chassis
- Innovative and efficient
- Efficient fire and disaster protection
- Standardization with targeted variety